Weekly discussions must be completed on time and written in APA rules. Initial post must be a minimum of 300 words not including references.
What is the Manual to Mitigate Potential Terrorist Attacks Against Buildings? What is the manuals objective? What is and what does the START contain? In your opinion why is the START important? How can you use it? Please provide at least two references to support your answers
- Critical Infrastructure Protection – Strategy and Policy in the Post 9/11 Era Module (Module 2): overview, objectives and commentary
- Managing Risk – Assessment and Countermeasures Module (Module 3): overview, objectives and commentary
- Infrastructure Information Collection Division (IICD) https://www.dhs.gov/iicd. Read text and watch video Infrastructure Information Collection Division https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PJXHr9CgM and Protected Critical Infrastructure Information (PCII Program) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucPhM2ecQ0
- DHS Reference Manual to Mitigate Potential Terrorist Attacks Against Buildings FEMA-425/BIPS-06/October 2011 https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/st/st-bips-06.pdf
- Terrorist Attacks Targeting Critical Infrastructure in the United States, 1970-2015 https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/DHS_I%26A_GTD_Targeting%20Critical%20Infrastructure%20in%20the%20US_June2016.pdf