Please respond to each of the following questions, using sources under the Explore heading and the textbook as the basis of your response:
- Using the text as a source and/or the web links listed below, choose an opera by Verdi, or Wagner, or Puccini, give a brief description and discuss how audiences may have reacted to the work.
- Describe some changes you would make to the plot or characters or storyline in the opera you viewed. How could this opera be updated for 2017 using computer generated graphics or music to make it more interesting
- Chapter 30 (pp. 999-1004), Wagner and Verdi; (pp. 1133-1134), Puccini; review the Week 5 “Music Folder”
- Huizenga article and audio selections at http://www.npr.org/blogs/deceptivecadence/2012/04/11/150420827/talk-like-an-opera-geek-how-verdi-wagner-and-puccini-got-their-grooves
- Wagner video of a stage production (Tristan und Isolde) at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAEkTK6aKUM
- Verdi video clip of stage production (Rigoletto) at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5NEOh-XhyA
- Puccini video clip of stage production (Tosca) at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sSoKbv46zc