To prepare: Select a diverse family system, such as a family with differences in sexual orientation, a family with differences in race or ethnicity, or a family with members who are managing a disability. Then, consider potential barriers they might encounter in society. Think about how a social worker might address one of these barriers on an individual, family, organizational, group, or community level. Support this post using peer-reviewed article(s), in addition to the assigned resources.
- Provide a brief description of the diverse family system you selected.
- Explain potential barriers or challenges this family might encounter that is related to diversity.
- Provide evidence from scholarly resources to support the existence of this barrier.
- Explain how a social worker might address this barrier on an individual, family, organizational, group, or community level.
- Provide evidence from scholarly resources to support social work approach.