I’m studying for my Writing class and need an explanation.
Write a 3-4-page essay that addresses all of the following topics:
1. What is the Health Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPAA)? How does HIPPAA
address the issue of confidentiality?
2. What is the significance of the Jaffee versus Redmond (1996) ruling as the case relates to
the limits of confidentiality between a social worker and his/her client?
3. Briefly explain how the Tarasoff versus Board of Regents of the University of California
(1974) ruling pertains to the limits of confidentiality between a social worker and his/her
4. The NASW Code of Ethics addresses six types of ethical standards that social workers
should adhere to in any agency setting, listed as; (1) social workers’ ethical
responsibilities to clients, (2) social workers’ ethical responsibilities to colleagues, (3)
social workers’ ethical responsibilities in practice settings, (4) social workers’ ethical
responsibilities as professionals, (5) social workers’ ethical responsibilities to the social
work profession, and (6) social workers’ ethical responsibilities to the broader society.
Select one of the categories of ethical standards and discuss two “takeaways” about the
professional conduct guidelines associated with th at category of ethical standards.
you will need to read select portions from the following three sources;
(1) Direct Social Work Practice: Theory and Skills (10th ed.), (2) the NASW Code of Ethics
(2017), and (3) Social Work Records (3
rd ed.). Topics #1, #2, and #3 (delineated below) are
discussed in chapters 8 and 9 in the Social Work Records (3rd edition). Use the Subject Index section of the
Hepworth et. al (2016) textbook to locate additional information about topics #1, #2 and #3.
Hepworth D.H., Rooney R.H., Rooney, G.D., & Strom-Gottfried K. (2016). Direct social work
practice: Theory and skills (10th ed.), Belmont, California: Cengage Learning.
Kagle, J.D., & Kopels, S. (2008). Social work records (3rd ed.). Long Grove, Illinois: Waveland