The paper will consist of the following components regarding the subject of stress. 2 pages required
- Introduction – “What’s the problem?” 1 PARAGRAPH. . Students will write a brief summation of the issue and how it impacts families. This should be no longer than a paragraph and should be informed by the content provided in Canvas as well as relevant outside research. APA-style citations should be included in-text to identify relevant source material.
- Scope of the problem – “How big is the problem?” 1/2 PAGE. Students will use the resources provided and relevant outside research to describe the scope and impact of the issue on families (include statistics/number of people impacted). Particular attention will be paid to evidence of unequal or different impacts based on gender, race, SES, age, sexual orientation, family structure, or other relevant family demographics. This section should be at least one-half page in length and should include in-text citations for the source content.
- Description of policy – “What has been done to help/ fix the problem?” 1 PARAGRAPH. Using the information provided in Canvas and any relevant outside sources, students will describe a policy or set of policies that aim to address the focal family issue. This section will be no more than one paragraph and should include a brief description of the policy and its purpose along with appropriate APA citations back to the relevant source material.
- Evaluation of impact – “Did the fix work?” 1/2 PAGE. Students will digest information from provided sources and relevant outside source material and prepare a brief (approx. one-half page) summary of the impact the identified policy has had on the focal family issue. Citing relevant sources, using APA, the students will describe how the policy has or has not impacted the family issue (the policy’s intended consequences) as well as any unintended consequences that may have resulted from the policy’s implementation. As with the above sections, this portion should be primarily informed by research and should contain APA in-text citations for used source material.
- Personal reaction – “How do I feel about it?” 1 PARAGRAPH Having outlined the issue, relevant policy, and its impact, students will conclude their paper with a brief discussion of their own opinions on the issue and policy. Students should describe their opinions in light of the information they included earlier in the paper and should discuss how those opinions were or were not influenced by their research for this paper. As this is entirely based on opinion, there is no right or wrong answer for this section. Instead, points will be based on whether the students clearly articulate their opinion and how they arrived at it.
I attached a sample paper given by the instructor and a previous paper that I turned in for the class to use as a reference if needed. There needs to be at least 2 of the provided sources used in the paper and whatever other outside sources needed, and everything cited in APA. They’ve been sticklers about citations and making sure everything is cited correctly that isn’t own thoughts. Here are the sources:
Industry News (n.d.). The Benefits of Stress Management for Employees [Blog post]. WELCOA. Retrieved from https://www.welcoa.org/blog/benefits-stress-management-employees/
Landsbergis, P. A. (2009). Interventions to reduce job stress and improve work organization and worker health. In P. L. Schnall, M. Dobson, E. Rosskam, & R. H. Elling (Eds.), Unhealthy work: Causes, consequences, cures (pp. 193-209). New York, NY: Routledge.
Thoits, P. A. (2010). Stress and health: Major findings and policy implications. Journal of health and Social Behavior, 51(S), S41-S53. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022146510383499