SUBMIT Assessment 2 Individual Assessment 2 – Quality Management Tools and Techniques
Due date: Week 8, Friday 13 September 2019 11:45 PM AEST
Length: 1000 words
Before starting this assessment activity, read the full assessment description, marking criteria, submission requirements and guidance provided.
Advice will be added here as we progress in response to student questions and discussions on the Discussion and Q&A forums. Create a post today if there is anything you want to discuss. The ‘Student Guide to Assessment 2’ will be appended based on the discussion on the online forums.
- Student Guide to Assessment 2
- Short Report Requirements
- CQUniversity Referencing Guides
The assessment is designed for students to apply fundamental quality management tools and techniques. The assessment involves writing a 1000 word short business report responding to assessment tasks related to a real case. Assessment details, tasks, materials and guidance will be provided on the unit website.
Submit your report with a cover sheet showing the unit name and number, assessment number, your name and student number.
Feel free to discuss your assessment ideas in the unit discussion forum, before you complete and submit the assessment.
Select one of the following businesses (the business must be mentioned by name in the submission):
- McDonalds Restaurants Australia
- Woolworths Supermarkets Australia
An Australian business i) you have been employed at or ii) grants you access to investigate, observe or interview employees within the business about quality management. If you suggest an organisation other than a business you need approval from the unit coordinator.
You are the new manager of the business in Australia. You spend time observing and questioning employees about their challenges and practices related to delivery of quality products and services.
You are required to write a 1000 word short report that describes ‘why’, ‘what’ and ‘how’ the business will implement the use of two (2) of the quality management tools or techniques described in the unit textbook chapters discussed in week 5, 6, 7 or 8. The tools or techniques you select must address a quality challenge within the business.
- Describe ‘why’ you suggest the selected two tools or techniques. Use your experience, observations and questioning of employees (within your selected business) about their quality management challenges and their use of quality management tools and techniques to create a rationale for your suggestion.
- Describe ‘what’ the two quality management tools and techniques are and how they work and address the challenge.
- Describe ‘how’ to implement the use of the selected tools within the business.
Note: You can invent information about the business. Do not use up a lot of words doing this, and try to keep it realistic. Always remember that the purpose of the report is to demonstrate what you know about quality management and its practical application.
Your report will be assessed according to the following criteria.
Your report must demonstrate:
- Thorough understanding of relevant quality management concepts, principles, theories, tools and models in regards to the assessment tasks. 60%
- Appropriate and well structured, concise and clear expression of quality management arguments. 10%
- Clear flow of thought throughout the paper with a clear and succinct purpose described in the introduction and a clear and succinct conclusion. 10%
- Critical review skills and integration of relevant academic and profession literature. A minimum of four (4) academic journals must be used. 10%
- Appropriate in text referencing and reference list. Adherence to CQUniversity APA Reference Style. 5%
- Clarity of expression, grammar and spelling. Appropriate presentation format within (±10%) of the word limit: 1000 words. 5%
Late submissions will be penalised at the rate of five per cent of the total marks available for the assessment each calendar day (full or part) it is overdue as per the CQUniverity Policy: Assessment of Coursework, section 3.2.4.
The assessment submission must be made online here. The file submitted must be a Microsoft Word Format (.doc or .docx ) document.
Submit your assessment paper with a cover sheet showing the i) unit name and number, ii) assessment number and business name, iii) your name and student number. The assessment 2 marking rubric is available here (PDF).