Intelligence and Adaptive Testing
Based on your understanding of the standard scores (i.e., estimate individual’s scores as above average, average, or below average as compared to his or her classmates), answer the following:
- Explain at least two situational factors that may impact the usefulness of the different types of standard scores.
- Which type of standard score—z scores, T scores, stanines, or percentiles—do you think is most useful when communicating assessment results to the general public? Why?
- What are the advantages or disadvantages of using one type of score over the others?
- Submit your document to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Respond to at least two posts by the end of the week.
- Use an APA style reference list with citations in your initial response and at least one of your two responses to classmates.