Literature Search, Part II
In this Discussion, you will conduct a literature review of your topic area, focusing on a research study that uses one of the qualitative approaches covered this week.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the reading materials about the different approaches in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Conduct your own literature search to find a published study that represents one of the Week 3 approaches. Remember, you may have to broaden your search terms to find an appropriate study.
- Review the following resources before proceeding with your own article review
Document: R8360 Guidelines for Reading and Evaluating Qualitative Research Articles (PDF)
Document: Example of How to Read and Evaluate a Qualitative Research Article (PDF)
By Day 3
Contribute a 3-paragraph Discussion post in which you respond to the following:
- Summarize the characteristics of the approach of the research article you chose during your literature search.
- Summarize the research article, including the citation and sufficient information for your classmates and Instructor to locate the article.
- Present a short critique of that article based on the “R8360 Guidelines for Reading and Evaluating Qualitative Research Articles” document.
By Day 5
Locate and review one of the articles a classmate critiqued. Then, review the critique itself. Respond to your classmate and provide constructive feedback on his or her critique.
Click on the Reply button below to reveal the textbox for entering your message. Then click on the Submit button to post your message.