- What is Rowan’s purpose in describing Miss Bessie? What makes this teacher
significant to a middle-aged man?
- What qualities of Miss Bessie does Rowan admire?
- Does Rowan offer Miss Bessie as a role model? How does he demonstrate that she is
an “asset” to the nation?
- Rowan opens his essay with a physical description of Miss Bessie. Why are these
details important to his purpose?
- Why would this article appeal to readers of Reader’s Digest? What values does it
- Study the words Rowan uses in describing Miss Bessie. Which words have the most
Running head: ROWAN’S DESCRIPTION OF MISS BESSIE1 Rowan’s Description of Miss BessieName:Institution: ROWAN’S DESCRIPTION OF MISS BESSIE 2 Rowan’s Description of Miss Bessie…