I’m stuck on a Management question and need an explanation.
PJM460 MOD1 Discussion Post
Please reply to the below post in at least 250 words and 2 APA cited references with in the last 5 years
- Chapter 1 (“Leadership Theory Paradigms” section) in Leadership: Theory, Application, and Skill Development
- Chapter 2 (“Personality Traits and Leadership” section through
“Leadership Attitudes” section) in Leadership: Theory, Application, and
- Chapter 4 in Leadership: Theory, Application, & Skill Development
- Fleaca, E., & Fleaca, B. (2014). Leadership issues in project management. FAIMA Business & Management Journal, 2(2), 27-40.
- Rajablu, M., Marthandan, G., & Yusoff, W. (2015). Managing
for stakeholders: The role of stakeholder-based management in project
success. Asian Social Science, 11(3), 111-125. Retrieved from http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.665.5661&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Part 1, Chapter 1, Section 1.2.3; Chapter 3, Section 3.3 in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Howell, V. (2018). Project management as a tool for leadership development. Ceramic Industry, 168(5), 10-11.
Lussier, R. N., & Achua, C. F. (2015). Leadership: Theory, application, & skill development (6th ed.). Mason, OH: Cengage/Thomson South-Western.
Project Management Institute. (2017). A guide to the project management body of knowledge: (PMBOK® guide) (6th ed.). Newtown Square, PA, USA: Project Management Institute.
Early in the execution phase of a project to design a new engine in
an aerospace company, a key Design Engineer working out of one of the
company’s facilities located in Hamburg, Germany indicates to the
Project Manager (PM), who is working out of one of the company’s
facilities located in Connecticut, that the Design Engineer is not
available to work on project tasks that have been assigned to him by the
PM. The Design Engineer states that this is because his functional
manager has assigned him higher priority tasks on another project.
Discuss how the Path-Goal Leadership Theory and Model apply to the
following interactions: (1) PM- Sponsor; (2) PM-Functional Manager; (3)
PM- Design Engineer.
Cite a minimum of two current (published in the most recent 5-year
period), credible references. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to
find sources. Make sure to cite your sources, following the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).