Write a short, objective summary of 250-500 words which summarizes the main ideas being put forward by the author in this selection.
I will attach a copy of the reading.
REQUIREMENTS ARE PASTED BELOW
Assignments which do not meet these requirements will be graded accordingly:
- Reading Summaries should be a minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 500 words (approximately 1-2 pages in standard formatting)
- All reading summaries must follow standard formatting requirements. (That is, standard margins, font size, and paragraph spacing is observed. Students cannot manipulate font size, margins, and paragraph spacing to meet length requirements.)
- Reading Summaries require that you read a primary source selection from the end of each chapter, then write a short summary that identifies the thesis and outlines the main argument. Reading summaries are not about your opinion or perspective – they are expository essays that explain the content of the reading. All reading summaries must include substantive content based on the students reading of the material.
- When writing Reading Summaries, you may not quote the author without proper citations. In other words, if you use the exact words of the original author (copy-paste) you MUST do a proper citation. Similarly, if you use any other website (such as Wikipedia, Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy, etc.) you must cite the source. Failure to cite sources properly is in violation of Student Rights and Responsibilities Manual which may result in grade penalties.
When in doubt, quote/cite your sources. All quotes, references, and ideas lifted from any source – including internet sources MUST be properly cited in MLA/APA format.
- All reading summaries must be thoroughly proof-read and checked for spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Students should write in professional, academic prose and use only appropriate language. Spelling and grammar count towards your grade in every assignment.