Topic 8: Organizational Culture
- Analyze the relationship between an organization’s culture and organizational behavior.
- Evaluate the role of organizational culture in facilitating organizational effectiveness through the lens of conscious capitalism and the integration of Christian Worldview.
- Examine the impact of a leader’s informed values and individual behavior on organizational effectiveness.
Topic 8 DQ 1 (300 words, 1 page) needed tomorrow
Recall at least two organizations you worked for and analyze the relationship between how employees think (espoused organizational culture and beliefs) and how they behave (actions). Describe what you believe to be the cultural roots of those disparities.
Topic 8 DQ 2 (300 words, 1 page) needed tomorrow
Discuss the ethical implications of a leader’s role in the socialization of new hires into the preexisting culture of an organization. What responsibility does a company have to inform newly hired persons that it wants to shape their values, perceptions, and behavior to conform to the organization’s culture? What impact does the leader’s informed values and individual behavior have on organizational effectiveness? Considering the Christian concept of putting others before oneself as well as what you have learned in this course about servant leadership and conscious capitalism; explain the impact on company culture and organizational effectiveness.
Benchmark – Organizational Design, Structure, and Change Presentation (needed Monday)
Each year Fortune magazine publishes a “Most Admired” list of the top companies in the United States. Firms are rated on these eight dimensions: innovativeness, quality of management, long-term investment value, social responsibility to the community and the environment, people management, quality of products and services, financial soundness, wise use of corporate assets. International companies are rated on a ninth dimension: effectiveness in doing business globally.
For this assignment, select an organization with which you are familiar (you may choose an organization you frequently do business with or one where you currently or have previously worked). Then, choose one of the eight dimensions used to rate top U.S. companies in which the organization appears to be underperforming.
Compose a PowerPoint presentation of 12-15 slides.
Record your 7-10-minute presentation using YouTube Video, Loom, or Zoom. On the title slide of your PowerPoint presentation, provide the link to your YouTube, Loom, or Zoom video recording that you created. Your presentation should address the following:
- Identify a major issue the organization is facing and in which of the eight dimensions it is underperforming
- Explain the ramifications the underperformance is currently having on the organization. Identify the likely consequence of failure to improve in the selected dimension.
- Analyze the relevance of the current organizational structure, design, and culture and their influence on organizational effectiveness, especially in relationship to the dimension in which the organization is struggling. Provide citations to support your analysis.
- Determine whether the organization embodies the principles and values of conscious culture and management and its relevance to improving organizational function.
- Present a plan to bring about necessary improvement using Kotter’s eight-step change model.
- Address possible challenges to the suggested change and your plans for managing those challenges. Explain how different subsystems need to be realigned in order to bring about the change.
- Detail any lessons learned and evaluate strategies that you, as a manager, will either avoid or engage in when designing the structure, building culture, and managing change in your organization. Provide citations to support your claims.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
You are required to use at least three academic references to strengthen and support your claims and recommendations. Ensure each content slide has supporting citations and specific examples.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency:
MA/MSL; MBA, Accounting; MBA, Cybersecurity; MBA, Finance; MBA, Project Management; MBA, Sports Business; MBA, Strategic Human Resource Management
1.5: Evaluate Strategies for managing people within organizational systems.
Ensure each section is addressed explicitly
Readings attached and here is a video