For this assignment, you will be reviewing two sample business plans. One plan is for a fish market, the other is for a tour operating company. Take a look at these two plans, and focus mostly on the general idea of each plan and what kind of market and competition they will face. Don’t worry so much about the details of their financial projections. The two plans are:
Bangs, D. (2002). Financing proposal for Finestkind Seafoods, Inc. Business Planning Guide: Creating a Winning Plan for Success. Dearborn Trade, Chicago, pp. 149-155 [Ebrary]
Bangs, D. (2002). World Beat Tours business plan. Business Planning Guide: Creating a Winning Plan for Success. Dearborn Trade, Chicago, pp. 175-180 [Ebrary]
Once you have finished reviewing the background materials for this module and have carefully reviewed the two business plans, write a 4- to 5-page paper addressing the following questions:
- What do you think is the “unique selling proposition” or “competitive advantage” of each proposed new business? Use the Pearson tutorial on competitive analysis or the section on competitive advantage in Finch (2013) in your answer.
- What is the precise market segment that each proposed company will be selling to you? Do you think it is a good segment to market to? Use the Pearson tutorial on market segmentation as part of your answer.
- Based on your answers to Questions 1 and 2 above plus some SWOT analysis, which of the two business plans do you think is more promising? Use Friend and Zehle (2004) as your guideline on how to do a SWOT analysis.
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- List supporting references and cite sources in proper format.
- Use appropriate writing style in essay form (organization, grammar, and spelling).
- Review our “Writing Style Guide” for more detail on referencing and writing expectations. This guide is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.
FinestKind SeaFood Inc. is a fish market that specializes in selling fresh fish seafood to localretailers as well as the wholes sale.It continues to provide premium quality seafood to both the…