PICOT QUESTIONS ARE BELOW AND I HAVE ALSO ATTACHED A CHECKOFF LIST THAT NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED AS WELL.
For this assignment, you will locate two research studies related to the topic and PICOT questions that you developed in Week 2. The articles must be current (within the last five years), and one article must be quantitative, and one article must be qualitative. My PICOT questions—
In adults with total hip replacements (P), how effective is patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) pain management medication (I) compared to pro re nata (PRN) inter-muscular injections (IM) pain medication (C) in controlling post-surgery pain (O) during the perioperative and recovery time? (T).
What is the duration of recovery (O) for total hip replacement patients (P) who have developed a post-surgery infection (I) as opposed to patients who did not (C) within the first 8 weeks of recovery? (T).
In adult patients who have total hip replacement (P), how effective is early ambulation (I) after surgery compared to bed rest (C) on decreasing post-op DVTs (O) within the first month of recovery? (T).
Article choice is very important, therefore:
- Articles used for this assignment cannot be used for the other assignments. The selected articles should be original research studies. Review articles, concept analysis, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, integrative review, and systemic review articles should not be used.
- Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
There are two parts to this assignment.
Part 1: Complete a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist
- Select one each: qualitative and quantitative research articles.
- Create a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist for the two research articles (one column per article).
- Complete with brief, concise, summarized information.
Part II: Write a summary (one- to two- pages)
- Identify differences between quantitative and qualitative designs and research methods.
- Use current APA Style for your summary paper and to cite your sources.
- Submit the checklist and summary.