4 pages, double-spaced, one-inch margins, 12-point font (Times New Roman)
What do its parts look like?
- 1) Introduction (one or two paragraphs)
Bibliographic information (title, author, date of publication, publisher,
number of pages, type of book)
- Brief overview of the purpose of your analysis.
- Bibliographic information (title, author, date of publication, publisher,
- 2) Summary of the content (about one and a half pages)
- Summary of key points of each chapter
- A paraphrase
- 3) Evaluation and conclusion (one and a half pages) a. Your analysis:
- Easy/difficult read?
- Are the arguments supported by evidence?
Would you recommend this book? To what audience might it best
For this project you will practice formal academic citation methods, making use of either
Chicago/MLA/APA. You will be required to include in-text citations as well as a
The review will be graded on the points described below:
Do you accurately describe the contents of the book? i.e. do you have command of
Have you analyzed the themes/concepts you have chosen to highlight
Style and presentation
- Is the book review well organized? Do the ideas flow logically?
Is the paper free of grammatical errors, misspellings, and problems with word
- Is the writing concise and without unnecessary padding?