I need support with this Programming question so I can learn better.
Prior to beginning work on this interactive assignment, read the The Differences Between Routers, Switches and Hubs (Links to an external site.) and the Topology- Definition and Types of Topology (Links to an external site.) and the Topology- Definition and Types of Topology (Links to an external site.) online articles, and review any relevant information in this week’s lecture. For this interactive assignment you will take on the role of an IT employee for a small family-owned business consisting of an owner, an office manager, a secretary, and four agents. Please review the scenario before drafting your post.
The company has asked you to implement a network to improve how they conduct business within the organization. The company occupies a two-story building in an office park. Their volume of business had been stable for the past three years, but has recently begun to increase. To handle the increased business volume, two new agents will be hired, along with a team of web designers and developers to create a web presence. Everyone in the company has a computer, but the business manager has the only printer. These computers are not connected by any form of network. When agents need to print a document, they must first copy the file to a USB stick and then carry it to the business manager’s computer, where they are finally able to print it. Similarly, when staff members want to share data, the only means available is to copy the data to a USB stick and insert it into another computer.
Recently, problems have arisen with the current setup. The business manager is spending too much time printing other people’s documents, and it is frequently unclear which copy of a given document is the latest version.
After carefully reviewing the scenario, research a minimum of two additional credible sources that address the topics. (Access the MISM Credible Resource Guide for assistance with finding appropriate credible professional resources.)
- Design a network for this company to support file, print, and web services. In a separate attachment, create a high-level network diagram that captures your solution. The diagram needs to show at minimum the cloud (Internet Service Provider), router, switch(es), printer(s), server(s), end-user computers, and how they all connect to one another.
- Explain the key differences among hubs, switches, and routers.
- Explain how and why the hubs, switches and routers you’ve included in your diagram will be utilized on your network.
- Apply standard principles of design to recommend the network topology that would be most suitable for the business needs outlined, and defend your choice with a comparison explanation among the different topology types.
- Evaluate the networking needs of the company and suggest either a peer-to-peer or server-based network, and provide the rational for your choice.
- Finally, suggest at least two ways to segment this small office network, and evaluate the associated benefits and limitations. Apply telecommunication and network technical knowledge to support your choices.
Your initial post should be a minimum of 300 words, in addition to the network design attachment.