Select a Microsoft PowerPoint
You are required to cite your source(s) as it relates to your application slide. Other citations are permitted, but this is not a requirement for the assignment.
- Title slide (first slide): Include a title slide with your name and the title of the presentation.
- Scenario Slide (one slide): This slide should include the approved patient scenario from Milestone 1 and 2. You will use the approved patient scenario and include a disease process, diagnosis, OR identify a patient with a desire to maintain good health and prevent illness and who would benefit from an already developed and reliable mHealth app. Include the nurse’s assessment of learning needs and readiness to learn.
- mHealth application slide (one slide): Identify a developed and reliable mHealth app that could benefit the patient. Describe the app, including the following.
- Name of app
- Purpose of app
- Intended audience
- Mobile device(s) upon which the app will operate
- Where to download or obtain it (include a working link if it is to be downloaded from a website)
- Any other information you believe would be pertinent to this situation
- Be sure to cite all sources you use.
- Teaching slide(s) (2 slides): Prepare slides that contain important points about the app that you want to teach to the patient, such as how to use the app safely and effectively (including how to interpret and act on the information that is provided).
- Evaluation slide(s) (2 slides): Describe how you would determine the success of the patient’s use of this app. For example, include ways to evaluate the effectiveness of the teaching plan that are a good fit for the type of app and focus on specific ways that this app benefits the patient’s health and wellness.
- References (last slide): List any references for sources that were used and cited in the presentation.
- Number of PowerPoint slides:8 slides total
Writing and design: There should be no spelling or grammatical errors. Writing is concise and clear. Avoid words that the patient may not understand. Slides are visually appealing, incorporating graphics, photographs, colors, and themes.