In Chapter 9 of our course text, you studied the phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Use the steps of the SDLC to describe the process of accomplishing a task that is of interest to you. Your task can be any task and does not have to be related to an IT system. Examples might be to take a trip; buy a house, car, or something else; get a degree; learn how to do something; plan a party; bake a cake; or just about anything else. The idea here is to come up with some concrete examples of the abstract concepts of the SDLC to show that you really understand what each step involves. (I chose an example of buying a house)
The SDLC has five primary phases:
- Systems Planning and Selection
- Systems Analysis
- Systems Design
- Systems Implementation and Operation
- Systems Maintenance
After you have formulated your task and described each step, present your information in a PowerPoint presentation with a minimum of six slides (This is in addition to the title and reference list slides).
- You should have a title slide, a table of contents slide, and a reference list slide.
- You should have at least one slide for each of the SDLC phases. Use the SDLC phase to title these slides: System Planning and Selection, Systems Analysis, Systems Design, Systems Implementation and Operation, and Systems Maintenance. Include speaker points in each slide.
- Your presentation should have at least two relevant images in it.
- Your summary slide(s) should answer the following question:
- Why is it important to integrate the SDLC process?
The Software Development Life Cycle – Personal Task Application PowerPoint Assignment
- Must have a minimum of six slides (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of PowerPoint
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center