Develop a 4-6 page workforce utilization analysis to present to HR leadership using the demographic and salary data from a fictional (CapraTek) manufacturing facility.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze approaches for staffing and planning.
- Develop recommendations to correct identified issues.
- Competency 2: Evaluate key metrics for staffing and planning.
- Evaluate the concentration statistics.
- Evaluate the flow statistics.
- Competency 3: Assess the impact of the legal environment on staffing.
- Evaluate the stock statistics.
- Competency 5: Communicate human resource management needs, opportunities, and strategies with multiple stakeholders.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for human resource professionals and master’s-level programs.
CapraTek is a 45-year-old virtual company that specializes in the design and manufacture of computer server components. A CapraTek manufacturing facility is located in a medium-sized city in Georgia and employees almost 1,000 manufacturing employees who work at unskilled, skilled, supervisory, and management levels. The facility is required to submit an annual EEO-1 report, and for this assessment you will demonstrate your understanding of how an EEO-1 report can be used to analyze its workforce.
Read the CapraTek Workforce Demographics and Salary Range [PDF] document, and apply the data to your assessment.
Using the workforce data from the Georgia manufacturing facility for CapraTek (linked above), develop a complete workforce utilization analysis to present to HR leadership:
- Evaluate the stock statistics. Your analysis is to include Black or African Americans, Hispanic or Latinos, and females for both skilled and unskilled laborers. Be sure to consider any legal impacts for staffing as you evaluate the stock, concentration, and flow statistics.
- Evaluate the concentration statistics. Your analysis is to include unskilled laborers.
- Evaluate the flow statistics. Use the 4/5ths rule and in your analysis include Black or African Americans, Hispanic or Latinos, and females for both skilled and unskilled laborers.
- Develop recommendations to correct identified issues. Use your findings from the stock, concentration, and flow statistics for CapraTek’s manufacturing facility to support your recommendations.
Your Workforce Utilization Analysis should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills through the accurate communication of thoughts that support a central idea and use of correct grammar and mechanics as expected of a human resources professional.
- References: Support your analysis with at least three academic, scholarly, or professional resources from the Capella University Library.
- Format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and format.
- Length: 4–6 pages, in addition to the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Refer to the Workforce Utilization Analysis scoring guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assessment before submission.
Save this activity to your ePortfolio for future reference in the workplace. You will have access to this tool during your program and after your courses are completed with Capella.