Innovation is not just a buzzword. It should be thought of as a core competency for all organizations especially in this changing climate. Innovation is more than inventing, but in many ways it is continuing to reinvent over time. In the literature it has been referred to as a mindset. Many companies spend millions and billions of dollars each year on innovation. If organizations do not exhibit the ability to innovate then they will not be able to compete in this economy. People who set themselves apart are those who can assist organizations to gain leverage through being innovative.
In this assignment you are to choose a company that is nearing closure and recommend a plan that will help them remain viable. Please follow these steps.
1. Name the company and identify the industry. (Coca Cola)
2. Provide some background about the company.
3. What are the major issues?
4. What innovative strategy do you recommend to keep the company viable? Why should leaders believe your innovative strategy will work?
5. Discuss the relationship between the innovative process and assisting the organization to gain a competitive advantage.
Conduct a google search for companies that have either closed or are in distress. Write a 2.5 page assessment of the company to the CEO and Board of Directors. The goal of the paper is to write an argumentative essay (Links to an external site.) convincing the leaders to keep the company open.
- Name the company and identify the industry. (Coca Cola)
- Provide some background about the company.
- What are the major issues?
- What innovative strategy do you recommend to keep the company viable? Why should leaders believe your innovative strategy will work?
- Discuss the relationship between the innovative process and assisting the organization to gain a competitive advantage.
- This is a 2.5 page synopsis.
- It should be written as a paper in APA format.
- Your paper should flow. It should not be written with the numbered bullets points that were outlined in the recommended questions above. However, use those questions to help guide your thoughts.
- This will be presented by the CEO to the Board of Directors
- Make sure you do not have grammatical errors.
- You can use references, but make sure they are APA formatted.
- Do not copy and paste information.