For this question, before you start recording your tasksdo the following:
Edit a text file “myAliases” to contain the following aliasdefinitions:
- an alias named “bye” which terminates your Unix session.
- an alias named “longList” which accepts one or morefiles/directories and list them in long format.
- an alias named “rm” that will prompt once before removing morethan three files, or when removing recursively.
To activate your aliases, run: “source myAliases”. Test your newaliases.
Once your aliases work properly, start a new terminal window tostart recording your session. At the end take a screenshot.
Make the terminal window large enough to show your work.
Now perform the following tasks:
- display the contents of the file “myAliases”.
- run: source myAliases
- run: touch xyz1 xyz2 xyz3 xyz4
- Type the following command to test your alias “longList”:
- run: echo “date” > xyz1
- Type the following command to test your alias “rm”: