Best Wishes,Roma- StudentManager, Transtutorscs@transtutors.com
For this milestone, the goal is for you to analyze various operational data from the Phone4U manufacturing plant and use the results of your analysis to make and justify a decision on which phone to produce. The recommendation will be made in the form of a business case analysis, a common industry tool used to provide business decision recommendations to organizational managers who will ultimately decide if the recommendation is worthwhile.
This activity addresses the following Module Outcomes:
- Evaluate different supply chain strategies for improving performance and enhancing competitiveness. (CO#2, CO#4, CO#5, CO#6)
- Assess the constraints associated with the distribution of goods and services. (CO#4, CO#5, CO#6)
Please review the Process Flow Map worksheet[XLSX, file size 46.3 KB] (provided in the MS Excel file) to ensure you understand each step of the process (the process map is simplified for this project and does not contain all steps in the manufacturing of a phone in Shanghai). Do not forget to include any assumptions you made during your analysis, as this will be important to decision makers reviewing your documentation. In the first part of the final project, based on the data you received fromPhone4U, you will examine the :
- Process Flow Map
- Raw Data Year 1
- Value Curve Information
- and complete the Purchase Intent Survey (I have already personally completed the Purchase Intent Survey to help expedite the completion of the Business Case Analysis) *Please double check for accuracy
- Recommendations: Based on your analysis, select a phone the company should produce. From the Purchase Intent Survey I believe Phone B is the phone the company should produce. However my decision needs to be justified based off of Raw Data Year 1, Value Curve as well as the Purchase intent survey.
Justify your decision. Why should the company produce this phone?
Your Business Case Analysis (BCA) should include the following:
1. MS Excel file that includes the Raw Data Year 1, Value Curve, and Purchase Intent Survey sheets.
2. A 2 to 4 page double-spaced BCA document using 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Use APA formatting. Appropriate tables, charts, and/or graphs should be incorporated into your BCA document. The MS Excel file is for your data analysis to support your BCA and will include raw and analyzed data. Your BCA should only include analyzed data (no raw data).
Note: The last two sheets on the provided MS Excel file will be used for assignments M5A13 and M6A13.
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word,etc.) and save it frequently to your computer. For those assignments that are not written essays and require uploading images or PowerPoint slides, please follow uploading guidelines provided by your instructor.
Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. When you are ready to submit your work, click “Upload Submission.” Enter the submission title and then click on “Select a file to upload.” Browse your computer, and select your file. Click “Open” and verify the correct file name has appeared next to Submission File. Click on “Continue.” Confirm submission is correct and then click on “Accept Submission & Save.”