I’m stuck on a Business question and need an explanation.
ONLY DO 4 QUESTIONS
- A Kenyan proverb states, “When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.” How is U.S. labor law premised on this belief? Describe specific provisions in the U.S. labor law that is intended to address this concern.
- Outline the arguments in support of the Taft-Hartley Act. Outline the opposing arguments.
- In U.S. politics, the Democratic party has generally been more supportive of labor unions than the Republican party. Explain why it makes sense that the Wagner Act was sponsored by a Democrat, the Taft-Hartley Act by two Republicans, and the Landrum-Griffin Act by one of each.
- One of the main tasks of the NLRB is applying the facts of a certain case to the general principles of the NLRA to determine if an unfair labor practice has been committed. To gain a greater understanding of this process, answer the questions in the “Labor Law Discussion” cases that follow.
- In both the private and public sectors, a sharp increase in union membership coincides with the passage of protective legislation. A longstanding debate is whether increased demand for unionization causes new legislation or vice versa. Explain how causality can work in both directions. In which direction is labor law more important? Which direction do you think is more realistic?
- Draw pictures to represent the NLRA’s employer and union unfair labor practices.
- Reconsider the examples of protected and unprotected concerted activity in “Take the Section 7 Quiz.” Explain how each ruling tries to balance property rights and labor rights.
Hint: create a table with 2 columns Property Rights and Labor Rights)
- The paper must be well written with proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and references. The paper will be a minimum of 500 words.
- The paper will be double-spaced using 12-point “Times New Roman” font and standard one-inch margins. The paper must be correctly formatted and documented using the 6th Edition, APA style. See Rubric for grading purposes.