PURPOSE: To become familiar with and learn the purpose of different types of Powers of Attorney.
- Compare the two Texas POA forms in Chapter 2.
- In a one-to-two page paper:
- Identify the language in each that makes it “durable.”
- Give a situation in which a client would not want the power to be durable.
- Discuss why the witness provision on the health POA is so specific about who can witness.
- Discuss why the property POA is so specific, listing specific tasks that the agent might perform, while the health POA is more concerned with identifying the people involved and, instead of specifying what the agent might do, allows the principal to specify what the agent cannot do. Why might it be a good idea for the principal to be very specific about her wishes?