When an author writes a dramatic piece, he or she does so with the expectation that it will result in a performance. Complete the following for this assignment:
Access The Stronger, a one-act play by August Strindberg, through this Web site. You can read the play, or you can listen to it on this Web site. Note: The audio version is number 9 in the list at the top. (Please click on link)
- In 1 paragraph, discuss the following:
- Identify the two characters in this play, and give a brief description of each.
- Identify the protagonist. Support your answer.
- Identify the antagonist(s). Support your answer.
- Identify the setting. Explain why this is important to the overall theme of the play.
In 1–2 paragraphs, discuss the following:
- How are the theme/characters in this play familiar to a reader today? Explain using details from the play.
- How are the theme/characters in this play unfamiliar to a reader today? Explain using details from the play.
- What do you think the playwright’s intention was in creating this play? Explain using details from the play.
- What can you take away from this play as a reader, and how can it be applied to your own life?