Design a network for the Department of computing.
The Department should have twenty specialist laboratories including twelve labs
in building A and eight labs in building B. All laboratories need
to have a network infrastructure internetworked between these rooms but isolated
from the university’s corporate network. A controlled connection to the corporate
network and the Internet is essential. Each room in building A requires at
least 50 terminals, while the room in building B is smaller with a maximum
of 30 terminals.
For experimental purposes, the following servers are also needed:
1. A Windows based server with back-up. This will support networked applications
and will also serve as a file server.
2. A web server with back-up
3. An email server with backup
4. A database server
You should follow a methodological approach to network design and executing the following:
2. Flow analysis
3. Logical design and routing
4. Physical design
5. Configuration on a simulator with PacketTracer
7. Management and Security