I need support with this English question so I can learn better.
Complete a final clean, revised, documented (APA) argumentative research paper.
Part 1: Argumentative Research Paper
- topic: Should “victimless crimes” such as prostitution and other sexual activity between consenting adults be free from governmental interference?.
- Take a position on this controversial topic or offer a solution to a controversial problem.
- Write a 5- to 6-page, double-spaced argumentative research paper supporting your position. Keep in mind, your goal as a writer is to defend your claim through scholarly research and convince your reader that your position or solution is a logical and supported one.
- Include at least six scholarly sources and proper in-text citations in APA format.
- Your paper must include a Works Cited or References page and acknowledge all sources that you summarize, paraphrase, and/or quote within the paper.
Your argumentative research paper should include a cover page using proper APA format. The paper must include a minimum of six scholarly sources such as eBooks, books, journals, or webpages that end in .edu, .org, or .gov.
As you prepare this paper, ask yourself the following questions:
- Have I established the context and purpose of my paper? Have I clearly stated my thesis and established the central theme?
- Have I defined the scope of my thesis and determined key concepts? Have I selected information sources that relate to these concepts?
- Have I used a variety of search strategies and appropriate information sources to access information?
- Have I chosen sources based on multiple criteria such as relevance to the research question, currency, and authority?
- Is my content appropriate and relevant? Have I made reference to readings as appropriate?
- Have I communicated, organized, and synthesized information as appropriate?
- Is my paper organized logically? Does my writing display focus and structure?
- Have I correctly applied information use strategies concerning citations/references; choices among paraphrasing, summary, or quoting; use of information in the proper context; and choices about whether ideas are common knowledge or require attribution? Have I considered the ethical and legal restrictions on the use of published, confidential, and proprietary information?
- Have I fulfilled the length requirement for the writing assignment and sufficiently addressed assignment criteria?
- Have I properly documented sources of information?
- Have I checked my writing for complete sentences as well as correct grammar, word choice, punctuation, and spelling?