This assessment items relates to course learning outcomes:
1. Articulate the recent developments in e-business industry and its likely future
2. Compare and explain various types of e-business infrastructure technologies, business
models, and payment and security systems in a corporate setting.
3. Formulate and critically evaluate the impact of e-business strategies on organisational
processes and outcomes.
4. Demonstrate the technical research skills to assess existing and emerging e-business
technologies to transform organisations for competitive advantages.
5. Develop the ability to work independently and contribute as a member of team
employing appropriate interpersonal, professional and technical communication skills.
6. Interpret the legal, ethical, social and cultural issues that affect the use, design, and
implementation of e-business systems.
This is an individual assessment. In other words, the e-portfolio is to be maintained by every
The e-portfolio assignment aims to enhance your weekly learning as per the weekly topic and
maximise your engagement with the course resources (please see weekly topics under
Schedule in this course profile).
As a learning tool, e-portfolio will enable you to accumulate evidence of your learning during
the term. In this assignment, you are required to research at least three references (two
academic and one general; and published within the last 3 years) that are relevant to the
topics covered in each week from teaching Week-3 to Week-8. You will briefly describe and
relate the academic sources to the topics covered in that week. You will enrich your weekly
e-portfolio with relevant illustrations, video clips, and other multimedia applications as well.
As a total you need to produce 6 e-portfolio documents, and each e-portfolio carries 5 marks.
The length of each weekly e-portfolio should be approximately 500 words.
In this assignment you will use Mahara as a learning tool for your e-portfolio.