Option #2: Successful Work Strategies from Around the World
In Option #2, you will research and report on things happening outside the U.S. relative to many of the issues we cover in this course. You may select one of the following options:
- Compare and contrast U.S. and global companies doing business around the world and their behaviors within differing geographic borders (and economic systems). In particular, what countries would you consider success stories in today’s globalized economy and why? What are other countries doing to address work-family dilemmas and social inequalities related to race, class, and gender?
You may select a company from the list below or select your own.
Companies which have their businesses in both the US and other countries:
- Various car companies
- Choose a field such as healthcare systems or unions and analyze the dynamics of work-family balance, and inequalities that exist.
- Choose any country and look at their top three businesses. Compare and contrast those three businesses with the US’s top three businesses (Walmart, Exxon Mobile, and Apple) and provide a comparative analysis.
Your portfolio paper should meet the following requirements:
- 8-12 pages in length, not including cover and reference pages.
- Include headings in your paper to organize your thoughts.
- Format according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- Cite a minimum of four academic peer-reviewed scholarly sources to support your responses in addition to your course material and reading material. CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these scholarly sources.
You are expected to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise, and organized fashion, using the required and recommended readings from the course for analytical support.