Assessment 1: – Project Weighting 40%
Format • Length: 2500 words (plus or minus 10%). Submissions that are more than 10% under or over this word count will be penalised (in-text references and end-text references are not counted towards the word count). • Word (or similar) digital document. • Word (or similar) digital document. • Your document should be formatted with 1.5 line spacing. • You should include the ECU Cover Sheet at the start of your submission.
Communication of the outcomes of a risk assessment of a task that involves the use of a hazardous chemical. Instructions In this assessment you will take the role of a person who has been asked to conduct a risk assessment in an organisation. • In response to your organisation’s requirement to reduce the incidence of injuries that result from the use of hazardous chemicals, and the organisation’s recognition of poor performance in the management of related chemicals, the Senior Management Team has asked you to conduct a risk assessment on a task that involves the use of a hazardous chemical. • The chemical is one which has the potential to cause harm.
• Your role is to assess the potential for harm, and suggest controls to prevent exposure to the chemical, which will reduce the risk of injury to an acceptable level.
• Your task is to identify a task in a workplace or elsewhere which has the potential to cause harm.
• Once identified you will observe the task, conduct a risk assessment using a recognised process and collect relevant information from the ‘workers’ involved, and other sources.
• Your observations, the outcome of each step in the risk assessment process, recommendations and implementation process are to be presented in a report to communicate your project to Senior Management.
• Your report should include the outcomes of research to support your recommendations and implementation plan.
In addition to the report you may include other forms of communication, for example in an appendix. Resources