Project Proposal: Execution, Control, and Closure
Note: This is the third of three assignments which, as a whole, cover all aspects of the project life cycle relevant to your selected project.Now, it is time for you to discuss your project’s challenges (e.g., risks), performance management plan (e.g., earned value management), and proposed plan for closing the project when it is done.Write a 4–6 page paper in which you define the execution, control, and closure aspects of your chosen project. In your paper you must:
- Provide a brief summary of your chosen project.
- Examine your project’s greatest challenges (at least three) and provide a recommendation for addressing each of the challenges.
- Examine how you manage your project performance via earned value management (EVM). Identify at least three key EVM metrics you will use for your project.
- Discuss your plan to properly close your project when it is over.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop a process for measuring the progress of a project, providing oversight, coordinating project closure, and determining project effectiveness.