HEALTH FINANCE AND DELIVERY POLICY:
Goodnough, A. (2016, December 28). Safety-net hospitals fear cuts as health law’s repeal looms. New York Times, p. A1. Available in the Trident Online Library. https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.trident.edu/docview/1853256936/fulltext/8B9D3711DEDD4E22PQ/1?accountid=28844
Liu, J. L. & Brook, R. H. (2017). What is single-payer health care? A review of definitions and proposals in the U.S. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 32(7), 822-831. Available in the Trident Online Library. https://www-ncbi-nlm-nih-gov.ezproxy.trident.edu/pmc/articles/PMC5481251/
Shi, L. (2014). Health policy related to financing and delivery. In Introduction to health policy, pp. 99-117. Chicago: Health Administration Press. Available in the Trident Online Library. See the Attachment for this PDF Version of the book.
TNHFMA. (2015, July 14). Solving the problem of uncompensated care [Video file]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/BgIoR2eEiiQ.
Valdovinos, E., Le, S., & Hsia, R. Y. (2015). In California, not-for-profit hospitals spent more operating expenses on charity care than for-profit hospitals spent. Health Affairs, 34(8), 1296–1303. https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.trident.edu/docview/1702790471?pq-origsite=summon
One of the most significant health policy issues facing the United States is the continuing rise of health care costs. After reviewing the background readings and doing independent research, write a 3-page paper discussing the factors that have contributed to this. Your paper should be based on fact, not opinion. You must cite reliable sources in support of your discussion.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
- Support your paper with a minimum of 3 reliable sources. At least 2 of these should be peer-reviewed articles. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- Please use the following resource for evaluating information found on the internet: https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.