In this SLP Assignment, review this PowerPoint Tutorial and bookmark the following websites for tutorials to make your own creative interpretation of the importance of creativity in problem solving.
PowerPoint training courses, videos and tutorials:
- PowerPoint 2013 – https://tinyurl.com/q5ubxlp
- PowerPoint 2010 – https://tinyurl.com/kvhctan
- Word for Mac Training – https://tinyurl.com/kj9syrn
Develop a short PowerPoint presentation to illustrate your understanding of the creative process. Highlight your own creativity as you develop the following slides:
Slide 1: Create a cover/title slide and include the student’s name.
Slide 2: Include at least two images and two words in a collage that illustrates your first impressions when you see or hear the word “Creativity.” Each image should have an in-text citation in the collage from source used; each word should be fully defined in the Notes section of the slide and include an in-text citation in the collage.
Slide 3: Include at least two images and two words in a collage that illustrates your first impressions when you see or hear the word “Problem Solving.” Each image should have an in-text citation in the collage from source used; each word should be fully defined in the Notes section of the slide and include an in-text citation in the collage.
Slides 4 and 5: The process for developing innovative ideas is often referred to as the design process, or the engineering design process. The article, Decisions by Design: Stop Deciding, Start Designing, was written by two designers at IDEO, an influential design firm. “Decisions by Design” describes how the process of engineering design can be viewed as a process for decision making.
After reading this article, consider how design facilitates decision making. Answer the following questions: 1. Based on your observations, what are some steps in the design process? 2. How are these steps helpful in decision making?
Organize your answers to these questions in at least 2 slides using bullet points. Include images wherever you would like to illustrate your own personal creativity.
Slide 6: References Cited – full references on this slide
SLP Assignment Expectations
Develop at least 6 PowerPoint slides using the instructions above.
- Creative images can be found using Internet websites, scholarly articles, textbooks, etc. Include a title on each slide and descriptive text in the notes section of each slide.
- Slides 2 and 3 must contain:
- At least two images and two terms
- In-text citation next to each image and term (full reference will be included on the References Cited slide.
- Terms should have full definition in the Notes section on the slides.
- Cover/Title Slide and a References Cited slide. Your References Cited slide should list the bibliographical information for each image you use to illustrate the required terms.
- Upload as a PowerPoint file into your SLP Dropbox by the module due date.
APA Formatting for PowerPoint
In this SLP Assignment, you will need to use APA to cite your information in each slide.