Prior to beginning work on this discussion, review the following Required Resources:
- Chapters 7 and 8 of the textbook
- What Makes an Urban Legend?
Be sure that your initial post meets the full length requirement of 300 words, and that you incorporate at least two of this week’s required resources in your post, one of which should be the textbook. Include citations and a full reference to your chosen sources. (See the Required Resources page for all references in APA format).
Read What Makes an Urban Legend? and address the following:
- In what ways have urban legends adapted over time, both in terms of the content of urban legends and the way in which the spread over time?
- What urban legends, folklore, or scary supernatural tales do you remember hearing about as a child?
- What kinds of urban legends have you encountered as an adult?
- How many counterintuitive elements exist in the urban legends and other tales that you have encountered?
- What strong emotions are evoked by these tales?
- Are there elements to these stories that deal with death and survival or both?
- What do you think urban legends will look like in the future?