” Analysis of a Criminal Case ”
For your final paper you will be analyzing an infamous criminal case.
First choose from one of the following cases:
- David Berkowitz
- Ted Bundy
- John Wayne Gacy
- Andrea Yates
- Jeffrey Dahmer
- Elizabeth Smart Case
- Susan Smith
- Dennis Raider
- Or choose one of your own (if you choose this option please email your instructor for approval)
In your paper you should cover the following issues:
- Description and background of case
- Psychology issue(s) involved in the case
- Life events that contributed to development of pathology and violent behaviors
- Case law associated with the case
- How offender was caught – what tools or strategeis did law enforcement use?
- Outcome of the legal case
- A discussion of your view of the case and its outcome – do you agree?
Your paper should be 5-6 pages in length and contain a minimum of 4 scholarly sources in addition to your textbook for a total of 5 sources.
Make sure that your paper is written in APA format and that your sources are properly cited and referenced.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Submitted 5-6 page paper addressing the 7 points discussed above||70|
|Included a minimum of 5 sources that are properly cited and referenced||10|
|Grammar, spelling, and correct APA format||20|