Part 1 – Assignment Brief:
1. Produce a critical and evaluative essay on service user involvement.
2. Reference should be made to theoretical concepts of service user involvement, with a critical evaluation of its impact on delivery/development of care services.
3. Articulate the person-centred approach in health and social care and critically appraise its importance for service providers.
4. Make links with and critically analyse themes/theory of power and empowerment throughout this essay.
In addition, the marking tutor will be looking for evidence of the following:
· Does the essay cover the main points of the topic logically?
· Is the essay presented in an appropriate context?
· Is the essay coherent and well-structured?
· Is there evidence of personal research in relation to the topic beyond material covered in class?
· Is there evidence of understanding of the topic?
Assessment Type (and weighting)
15-20 mins Oral assessment – Presentation (30%)
Person Centred Approach – A Case Study
Assessment Submission Date
Printed and electronic copy of presentation submitted to tutor on day
Learning Outcomes Assessed:
LO4: Recommend, justify and discuss appropriate strategies to implement a
person centred approach with reference to a specific experience / case
Part 2 – Assignment Brief:
Please use the oral assessment format provided for the development of your case study
1. You are required to deliver a presentation using a specific experience or case
2. You are required to collate and analyse information from scholarly and non
Your presentation will address the following criteria:
• Introduce your case study
• Justify why it is important to implement a person centred approach in case of interest interest
• Discuss approach service user involvement strategies that relate and underpin the identified case study
• Consider the recommendations for practice, for a person centred approach, relevant to case study
• Draw some conclusions